A peek into the fanciful world in my head...

From time to time, I spend free moments on picnik.com, fooling around with pictures just for fun. This blog is now going to be home to them, just a place where I can share my creations and thoughts. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ferris Wheels & Carousels




When I was little, or rather, until recently in the last year, I have hated rollercoasters. My parents never let me do anything remotely dangerous (I wasn't even allowed on my neighbors' trampoline as a teenager). Ever. Ferris wheels and roller coasters were completely out of the question.

So my favorite rides at the amusement park were the two things that enabled the maximum possible thrill, without having my parents shout at me that I was going to die or mortally wound myself. Those two things were the swings, and the carousel.


One of the funny things about carousels is that each horse is so unique, that, as a child, finding just the right one is nearly as important as the fact that the thing moves. It's an integral part of the ride experience. My favorites were always goldish-brown, and tended to be saddled primarily in blue. My sister always insisted on pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment